Newborn Mini Photo Sessions Explained.
Recently I introduced Mini Sessions option for my newborn photography services. It has generated a lot of interest. With that I get asked many questions too. I decided to make this educational page for new clients who want to find out more information about newborn mini sessions.
Why did I start Newborn Mini Sessions.
Many of my existing clients have asked why I decided to add mini sessions product to already busy studio. At the moment I want to trial this idea and see how it goes. I’m very busy with my newborns, but sometimes I wish I could be even more busy. Like every business, mine too has ups and downs. There could be sudden influx of newborns and also could be a bit quiet time when I still wait for babies to arrive.
I love photographing newborns and would want to keep doing that even at my down times. Mini sessions would give me an option to fill those down times and serve those clients who possibly don’t have limited budget for photography art, but still would like one of the best photographers to create artwork for them.
We attended a-fotografy for a mini newborn session. We chose this as we were keen for a newborn photoshoot & this was an affordable option.
Armands was very welcoming & his studio was warm, comfortable & in an easily accessiable area of Edinburgh. He put babys needs first throughout the session making sure our newborn was kept comfortable at all times. He was also very patient when any little accidents happened!
He was very creative with ideas for different photos & had lots of props available. We were also able to encorporate some of our babies own toys into the photos.
We were able to chose our phots afterwards. Armands was again very helpful, identifying a shortlist but giving us time & space to make our own decisions also.
We would highly recommend A-fotografy for a newborn photoshoot & will definately go for a another newborn photoshoot if we were to have another baby.
What is the difference between mini session and Premium newborn session.
- Main difference is time spent on creating photos. My premium newborn sessions can last up to 4 hours, doing many set ups and poses. Mini session will take an hour of photography time to create as many poses as I can.
- Premium sessions give you a freedom of exploring various posing possibilities. Getting more complicated set ups done. Mini sessions are geared towards getting key images. Great full body images, face close up image, family shots and possibly one set up image. Basically most important images you are after.
- During mini session we have an hour to document poses. If your little one is awake we do awake portraits, if sleepy then we will do more posed sleepy images. During premium sessions you most likely would have both types of images covered.
- Probably the one of the more exciting parts about mini sessions is that you will get to see photos straight after the session. This saves us time in editing and also no need to do one more meeting. We would choose your favourite images and choose the appropriate package.
- Possibility to upgrade to my premium session. If I don't have a booking after you and you feel that possibly you would like to see if we can create some more creative portraits, you will have option to upgrade to my premium session.
Examples of full mini sessions. These are images picked by families.
We had an excellent experience getting photos of our newborn baby girl and her big sister and us all as a new family. We chose a mini session and it was very relaxed and quick which was ideal for us all. Armands made us all feel relaxed, had a very good way of getting our 2 year old to engage with the photos and the end result were very very pleasing with big smiles and beautiful shots of our newborn too. Can't speak highly enough of this experience. The shoot was done very efficiently and smoothly and there was minimum of fuss. Armands comes across as a really nice and genuine guy. The mini shoot with Armands allowed us to get beautiful images and choose them during the session and our toddler was entertained with her new surroundings for the short time we were there. Hassle free experience. Armands was excellent.
We opted for the mini shoot and after another sleepless night, we arrived bickering and slightly frenetic at Armand's studio. My hair was still wet, having barely managed to shower and the baby despite just feeding for an hour decided this was the moment to wake up. Stepping into Armand's warm, calm studio instantly melted away our concerns. The best description we have is a baby whisperer! William can be a grumpy baby but Armand expertly calmed him, so whilst he was awake, he was compliant. Whilst I quickly dried my hair and applied make up, my husband and Armand got the first few shots of William and then we had our final family shots.
The final photo's were lovely and we were absolutely thrilled. Armand is a talented photographer and we will certainly be returning when/if(!!) we have another child and when William is a bit older. I am so glad that we got these early photos, as now even a week later, I can see William has changed so much and it's lovely to remember just how tiny he was.
Mini session pricing.
I do have a specific mini session pricing available. Mini Session pricing is geared towards digital files. However if you wish to make a beautiful wall art, there is option for that too.
Once you will get in touch, and we will have a chat on the phone, I will be able to email you this. Packages start from £125. Session fee is £45 which covers my photography time as well.
Limited amount of mini sessions.
I would only be able to offer limited amount of mini sessions per month. Depending how many regular sessions are booked during your due date month. Please ask me before you book.
These would be main newborn session differences. There are few more, but those would be minor and wouldn’t affect outcome much.
Feel free to read through my premium newborn session details too. Good way to compare two processes and choose the best for you.