Photo Shoot information page created by Edinburgh newborn photographer Armands.
I'm dad of three. You are here to get help and advice. This newborn educational page should give you all information you need to know to choose the right newborn photographer and photo shoot type. Visit newborn baby photography gallery here.
'How will you remember your newborn baby'
Snuggling your little baby during your first family portrait, watching your baby curled up in beautiful poses during photo session. Most importantly... 10 and more years from now, your tears will be running down your face when you will be looking at these photos. You will be brought back to this very moment....
Create heirloom newborn baby photo artwork...
Lets design for you beautiful wall art storyboard. Every day when you will be passing by, these images will create smile on your face. They will bring you back to that exact very moment when your baby was so tiny curled up in your hands.
After initially deciding not to bother with a newborn photography shoot, we decided in a panic once William was 3 weeks old, that he was growing alarmingly quickly and we wanted a record of his first few weeks that weren't grainy instagram or phone photos. Jillian, Edinburgh
Watch Natasha's newborn photography experience with me.
We had a newborn photo shoot done at A-Fotografy and I cannot recommend highly enough! From the moment I enquired about an appointment, the communication from Armands was amazing. He Works with assistant who was formally a midwife, which gave us a massive amount of confidence that our new baby was safe and being looked after. We took a seat on the comfy sofa, relaxed and watched on in amazement at the poses Armands was able to get our daughter into for pictures.
What To Expect From Newborn Photo Shoot
- Photographing over 400 newborn babies over past 7 years and raising my own three kids has given me skill set to work with babies. No need for you to worry about handing over your newly born baby to me, he will be in safe hands. Your are coming to one of the best newborn photographer in town.
- Safety of your baby is paramount in my studio. Working with assistant/spotter gives you extra reassurance that your baby is taken care off.
- You will have fully equipped newborn studio at your fingertips so you can use props, changing facilities, feed, enjoy and relax during your experience.
- Touching on relax part, studio has sofas, so you can lay back and have a deserved nap. Sleep these days is at a premium, so enjoy!
- Clear communication and questions answered. Baby brain and lack of sleep will kick in, so forth I provide clear guidance on what to bring, wear, where to go etc. No need to overthink, just follow the list
- You will not only have amazing memories, but a stunning piece of art for your home.
Why I Love Newborn Photography
Babies make me happy.
I'm a dad of three and every session I'm transported back to those memories when I was holding my own little babies. I love to give babies cuddles and to take possibly most precious baby photos for you be it in Edinburgh, Glasgow or anywhere else throughout Scotland. While studying BA Professional Photography at Edinburgh College, I did my first newborn session, I was hooked with baby photography. I love to know what these newborn photos will mean to parents in future.
You barely come to terms with the fact that this miracle is actually yours before the newborn stage has passed you by. I’m so grateful to have my children’s newborn photography. I often find myself looking back at photos, gripped with emotion and stunned at how fast they’ve grown. I couldn’t imagine not having these memories to look back on.
My goal as your newborn photographer is to create for you individualized, graceful, and inspired newborn photography artwork.
Want to know more about planning process and receive special introduction offer?
Sign up below to receive first information pack. Every week I will answer most common question and you will have full guidance and advise from me personally. Plus great offer for new customers.
Sign Up to Get Guide and
This page is geared towards newborn baby photography aged up to 8 weeks. Visit older baby gallery to see possibilities after 8 weeks.
What Type of Newborn Photo Session is Right for You.
There are different types of newborn sessions you could have.
You have two types of newborn sessions. Mini Photo session and full experience session. Both of them are different and I talk about these differences on my mini session page.
If your baby is already here and over 6 weeks then have a look at older baby sessions here.
When to Book Newborn Photo Session
Probably the best would be to get in touch after your 20 week scan. Plenty of time to meet, chat and put your due date in my diary. Then, get in touch as soon as your baby arrives and we can make photography arrangements for when your little one is 5-10 days old.
Not Sure How to Choose a Newborn Photographer?
I have made a little newborn photography checklist for new parents. It can be overwhelming to choose newborn photographer in Edinburgh or throughout Scotland. I hope this checklist will give you guideline on what to consider before you choose your best photographer. You can also click on link here.
How long will newborn photo session last
The length of the newborn session depend on how settled newborn baby is. We’ll allow plenty of time for feeding and comforting. I work with an assistant who helps settle baby into a pose, ensuring our young model is supported at all times.
Where do you take newborn photographs
Mostly in my Edinburgh photography studio – you will find our studio to be comfortable and warm, and babies tend to settle well with minimal distraction. I can also come to your home, if space allows and depending on how much daylight is available
Newborn session challenges.
Every little baby is unique in their own way. Every newborn session will be different too. There are many factors that determine how your session could go. I have written a more expanded story about what are the challenges during newborn photo session here. Whatever happens, we'll roll with it, and find a solution to get those perfect photos.
Can I bring siblings, granny and pets?
I would absolutely encourage you to bring siblings. I have done generations newborn photo sessions too. Sometimes I allow dogs during the newborn sessions. You can see some beautiful examples of my newborn photos with families, siblings and pets here.
I see props in images, do you have them at the studio?
I do have a large variety of props in my studio. Often, though, parents love to bring their own props too, things like knitted blankets, toys or part of their favourite hobby or profession. You can read about use of the props in newborn images here. You can also read about what to wear during newborn session here.
Both Armands and Abi (his lovely assistant) were so relaxed with Harris. The whole way through Armands was completely calm and in control despite all the extra variables. Like pets, extra family members and not so sleepy Harris. We all felt at ease throughout the session and we got all the images we hoped for.We loved the newborn session experience from start to finish. Thank you for doing such a wonderful job.
Armands came very highly recommended to us. We are so glad that we went through with it as the photos we now have are so special and we already can't wait to show our daughter when she gets older.
A new born shoot was not something we had ever thought about until speaking to our relatives. We were initially concerned about how our daughter would be during the shoot and also concerned about the amount of time allocated given we had not ventured out the house much since her birth.
We needn't have worried at all, Armands put us all at ease very quickly, especially our daughter. He is clearly very experienced with newborns and very passionate about his work. The shoot was really enjoyable for all of us, we were all very much involved and the time flew by.
We still refer to Armands as the baby whisperer as she was so content. Everything that we needed to do, everything we needed to bring and what was going to happen was made clear to us well in advance of the day so we knew exactly what to expect.
On the day, we fed our daughter, talked through the photos, and the whole session was very relaxed. It was the best 4 hours we had had since she was born. The results were amazing and I could not recommend Armand enough, he is truly a Professional and we have captured our little girl in the most amazing images forever, we still look at them all the time. We are so grateful to Armand for the brilliant photos.
Newborn Photoshoot Pricing
I'm always honest and open about finance topic. There is no hidden surprise fees, in fact everything is made very simple clear to understand. Every family has its own budget in mind and I can talk you trough the best newborn pricing options specifically for you.
Regular Full Experience Newborn Session
- Session Fee: £85 (Session Fee includes 3-4 hours of photography time, planning and communication. No products are included in session fee)
- A week after the session you will be invited back to the studio for ordering session.
- Full custom experience. We will design for you best product and image combination outcome. Custom wall designs.
- Wall and Presentation products start from £190 and Digital image collections on USB start from £295
Newborn Mini Session.
- Sessions designed for more cost sensitive clients who would like only few images from the session
- Session Fee: £45 (Session Fee includes 1 hour of photography time and communication. No products included in session fee.)
- We would photograph as many poses as we can either awake or sleepy.
- Straight after the session we would sit down and you choose your favourite images.
- Packages start from £125 (packages are designed with combination of digital files and prints)
- I have created educational page about my newborn mini sessions here. Most questions answered there.
WHAT TO DO NEXT